Sunday, January 18, 2009

Was That DNP A Sign?

Short post tonight. As I watched from the stands and saw Humphries struggle to contain O'Neal, my mind drifted to the other O'Neal. He played against Indiana without injury did he not? My first thought was that this was a sign that he was going to be traded. After noticing that Kapono was not there as well, I thought maybe they were both involved. After all, there was no reports about injuries in practice or from that game. Anyways, life went on, but then as I glanced through the box score for the Miami game, things got even more interesting. Shawn Marion, after picking up his stats over the last 10 games, was another DNP. Coincidence? I think not. In Jermaines case, it is definitely possible that perhaps he is sore after returning to action, what really seals the deal in my mind is Marion. He has performed exceptionaly well over the last span of games for the Heat and there has been no mention of any injuries lingering or new. I am unfamiliar with whether trades occur over the weekend, I've never really paid attention to it, but I have to think, if trades only happen during business days, then prepare to read about a trade within the next few days, if not tommorow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment