Friday, February 20, 2009

Knicker-boxers


We just got boxed up, back and forth by the Knicks. I can't believe I held off studying for exams in exciting antipication of our Bargs/Bosh/Marion debut, only for this embarassment of a beatdown to happen. How bad?

  • Knicks scored 42 points...in the first quarter
  • "The funnest basketball I've played in my career, I can say that." - Nate Robinson
  • The whole of Italy got to watch how badly the Raptors suck. From ESPN's recap: "With Italians Bargnani and Gallinari in the game, the Knicks celebrated Italian heritage night, featuring music and even the starting lineups announced in Italian. The game was being televised in Italy live on Sky Sports."
  • I stopped watching miday in the second quarter, and went to my room. I got a text message from my friend Adit, who wrote "have you turned it off yet?" I replied back "Not yet. I'm in my room, but with the tv still on so I can hear the audio because I'm too embarassed to actually watch."
  • Wilson Chandler: career-high 32 points.
  • Nate Robinson swatted away one of Bosh's shots emphatically. Probably sums up the game.
  • Did anyone see that look on Bosh's face when he was sitting on the bench at the end of the game? Heartbreaking. Really is.
  • "We showed no confidence, no pride tonight on the court." - Chris Bosh. Sadly, that can be said for many games this season.
The Matrix had a solid game with 14 points and 12 rebounds. His putbacks were impressive and is probably our only guy who's always looking to run and slash. I feel bad for Marion, can you imagine what's going on in his mind? Probably the same thing as Bosh's. "I can't WAIT to get outta here.."

No comments:

Post a Comment